ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
The OKARA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
- The Okara Chamber of Commerce and Industry is established with the limited liabilities of members but if any member of Chamber pays or receives any dividend, bonds or other profit, in contravention of fourth paragraph of the Memorandum of the Chamber, his liabilities shall be unlimited in accordance with and subject to the provisions of the Companies Ordinance 1984.
- The regulation for the management of the Chamber and for observance of the members thereof and their representative shall subject to exercise of the statutory powers of the Chamber in reference to the repeal or alterations or addition to its regulation by special resolution as prescribed by the said Companies Ordinance 1984 be such as are contained in these Articles.
- (i) “Act” means the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (No. XL VII of 1984) or any statutory modifications thereof applicable to Pakistan.
(ii) “Articles” mean these Articles of Association as originally framed and altered from time to time by special resolution.
(iii) “Chamber” means the Okara Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Okara, Punjab incorporated and registered under the provisions of the section 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (No. XL VII of 1984).
(iv) “Member” means a member of the Chamber i.e. all such persons or bodies or Trade Group enrolled as member of the Chamber licensed under Trade Organization Ordinance 2006 and affiliated with the Chamber in accordance with the Articles of Association.
(v) “Group” means a group Organized to represent specific trade or industry or both of specific areas, licensed under the Trade Organization Ordinance 2006, affiliated with the Chamber.
(vi) “Town Association” means a Town Association affiliated with the Chamber and licensed under Trade Organization Ordinance 2006.
(vii) “General Body” means all members of the Chamber.
(viii) “Committee” means the Executive Committee of the Chamber.
(ix) “Committee Meeting” means the meeting of the members of the Executive Committee duly called and constituted.
(x) “Bank” means any schedule bank having its branch at Okara.
(xi) “President” means the President of the Chamber.
(xii) “Vice President” means the Vice President of the Chamber.
(xiii) “Office Bearers” means the President, Vice President, and the members of the Executive Committee of the Chamber.
(xiv) “Secretary General” means an individual professional fulltime employee of the Chamber who shall be incharge of the Secretariat of the Chamber and responsible for day to day operations and in his capacity as such shall be the custodian of all record pertaining to the Chamber and performs the duties as laid down in these Articles.
(xv) “Register of Members” means the Register kept pursuant to the provisions of Section 31 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (No. XL VII of 1984).
(xvi) “Year” means the year commencing from the 1st October and ending on the 30th September.
(xvii) “General Meeting” means the meeting of all members of the Chamber.
(xviii) “Special General Meeting” means and includes all General Meeting under companies Ordinance 1984.
(xix) Compulsory Regulations of Table A as contained in Section 12 (2) of the Ordinance, 1984 (No. XL VII of 1984) shall apply.
(xx) “Service Rules” means the service rules framed by the Executive Committee of the Chamber governing the terms and conditions of service etc, of the paid employees of the Chamber.
- The Chamber for the purpose of registration is declared to consist of an unlimited number of members.
Establishment of Chamber
- The Chamber is established for the purpose expressed in the Memorandum of Association of the Chamber.
- The registered Head Office of the Chamber shall be at Okara Punjab and the business of the Chamber shall be carried on at such place and at such branch office in the DISTRICT OKARA PUNJAB as may be directed from time to time. While the membership of the Chamber shall normally be confined to the District of Okara, the Chamber shall be free to express opinion or make representation on matters relating to all Pakistan Trade and Industry.
Classes of Member.
- The membership of the Chamber shall consist of the following two classes of members: –
(a) Corporate Member.
(b) Associate Member.
a: “Corporate Member” means a member of Chamber which is either a body Corporate or a multinational corporation with its Head Office or a Branch Office in Pakistan or a sales tax registered business concern shall be called “Corporate Member”. The membership fee for Corporate Member shall be Rs. 2,500.
b: “Associate Member” means a member of Trade Organization which is not a body Corporate or a multinational or a sales tax registered business concern shall be called an “Associate Member” provided that the prospective member has National Tax Number and Computerized National Identity Card Number. The membership fee for Associate Member shall be Rs. 1000.
- “Trade Group” means group organizes to represent specific Trade or Industry or both licensed under the Trade Organization Ordinance 2006.
- “Town Association” means all Associations, organized to represent specific Trade and Industry or service in a Town, Tehsil, Taluka or a district or organized on all Pakistan basis or at places following with the jurisdiction of the Chamber duly registered/licensed under the Companies Ordinance, 1984 to represent Trade and Industry as the case may be. Only one Town Association from any particular area or Town shall be admitted as a member in pursuant of the rules.
eligibility for members
- Any partnership firm joint Stock Company, Corporation or Association engaged Trade, Commerce, Manufacturing Industry, Transport, Banking eligible to become a member in their conventional or corporate name provided they have their business interest, situated in the areas falling within the jurisdiction of this Chamber.
Person (s) engaged in Trade, Commerce, Agriculture, Manufacturing Industry, Shipping, Transport, Mining, Accountancy, Banking and Construction shall be eligible to become members provided they have their business, situated in the area within the jurisdiction of this Chamber
Individual proprietorship Firm, engaged in Trade, Commerce, Agriculture, Manufacturing Industry, Shipping Transport, Mining, Accountancy, Banking and Construction shall be eligible to become member provided they have their business, situated in the area within the jurisdiction of this Chamber.
Affiliation of Association/
corporation/institute or body
- (a) Any Town Associate, Corporation, Institute or Body, licensed under Trade Organizations Ordinance 2006 whose objects are similar of those of the Chamber may be affiliated to the Chamber upon such terms and condition as the Committee may deem fit.
(b) Affiliation of the Chamber with any international or foreign body or extension invitations to any foreign Organization or individual or acceptance of any invitations for participation in any conference or function to be held in Pakistan or abroad shall be subjected prior permission of the competent authority/ Government.
Membership & Renewal thereof
- Any business concern shall be eligible for grant or renewal of membership of the Chamber if the business concern fulfills the following conditions: –
a: A sole proprietorship firm or any other company or a concern shall be eligible for the membership of the Chamber, provided that such a firm or company has its head office, registered office, branch office or manufacturing plant located in the territorial jurisdiction of the Chamber
b: The prospective member is a sole proprietor or a partnership firm or an Association of person or a company holding national tax number and sales tax registration, if applicable, in the name of the business concern.
c: The prospective member’s business fits within the defined area of jurisdiction of the Chamber.
d: The application for grant of membership has been proposed and seconded by existing members of the Chamber.
e: The prospective member has no criminal conviction.
f: the prospective member has a valid national tax number and sales tax registration if applicable.
g: If a prospective member fulfills the conditions a to c and required criteria for membership of the Chamber and his application for membership has been refused or delayed he can file a complaint before the Director General, Trade Organization and if the Director General satisfied he may direct the Chamber for the purpose of enrolling such person or Organization.
Term of membership
- (a) The membership of the Chamber shall be for a period of one year commencing from 1st of April to 31st of March each year renewable on furnishing proof of filing of a return of Income or statement and sales tax return if applicable. The membership shall only be renewed if the prescribed membership fee has been paid prior to 31st of March. The members of the Chamber who are exempt from payment of income tax or if their income falls below the taxable limit then will be allowed to produce exemption certificate or a copy of tax coupon etc. in lieu of filing of return or income. A member joining the Chamber during the course of year shall pay full membership fee irrespective the joining date.
(b) The change of class shall not be allowed unless the members concerned satisfies the Secretary General of the Chamber that requirement for membership of the respective class to which the membership is proposed to be changed have been fulfilled and approved by the Executive Committee of the Chamber.
(c) An eligible member whose application for membership has been delayed or refused can file a complaint with Director General, and Director General if satisfied may direct the Chamber to renew the membership of the applicant.
(d) The membership fee chargeable from each class shall be fixed by the Executive Committee subject to approval of Director General.
- These will comprise the following:-
i). Group Organizes to represent specific Trade or Industry or both licensed under the Trade Organization Ordinance, 2006.
ii). Groups Organization to represent specific Trade or Industry or both licensed under the Trade Organization Ordinance 2006 but the constitution or which including rates or their membership, subscriptions, strength and composition.
iii). Branch or Zonal Office of Associations of Trade or Industry or of both, organized on all Pakistan basis, licensed under the Trade Organization Ordinance 2006, to represent specific Trade or Industry or both, may join the Chamber with the approval of their head offices.
Provided that where an Association is licensed to represent a specific Trade or Industry on all Pakistan bases the Group, Organized to represent that particular Trade or Industry whether licensed or not licensed, shall be removed from the membership register of the Chamber.
- (a) These will be Association organized to represent specific Trade and Industry on all Pakistan basis or at places falling within the jurisdiction of the Chamber licensed under Trade Organization Ordinance 2006.
Note: – Commercial and Individual Concerns in area covered by Town Association can also become direct Member of the Chamber.
(b) Every Trade and Manufacture, who is a member of a Town Association/Trade Group affiliated to the Chamber, shall be eligible for enrollment as member of the Chamber.
- Any candidate for membership shall have to pay admission fee and annual subscription according to the following scale:-
Admission Fee Annual Subscription
Corporate Member Rs: 50/- Rs: 2,500/-
Associate Member Rs: 50/- Rs: 1,000/-
REPRESENTATION IN THE CHAMBER
- Subject to the provision & restriction these Articles or any rules made their under and verification of the representative of respective class by the Chamber, the rights and privileges of membership representation may, in the case of partnership and individual firm registered partners and proprietors of such firms and in the case of joint stock company or other such Corporate body registered in their Corporate name as members of the Chamber be exercise be a nominated Director or Chief Executive of the company or Corporate body subject nevertheless to the following reservations namely:-
i). The partners and proprietors of firms and Directors and Chief Executive of Joint Stock Companies or any other Corporate body entitled under this Article to exercise the right and privileges of membership must have their names registered in the books of the Chamber in the prescribed manner in order to exercise the aforesaid rights and privileges provided that person having representation in different firms and companies etc, shall not be eligible to represent in more than two such firms/cooperate bodies registered with the Chamber.
ii). For such act of exercise of the rights and privileges of membership by firm company or the corporation members, only one representative shall be recognized.
iii). Unless otherwise determined by the Executive Committee only one registered representative of a firm, company or corporation members shall be entitled to attend meeting of Chamber and take part therein.
iv). A member may replace his representative at any time during the year of the purpose of Article 41 but if he is already represented on the Executive Committee or any sub Committee be shall continue to serve on it until the new Executive Committee is elected or the Sub Committee is reconstituted, subject to Article 25, provided that such a representative shall have the right to resign from the Executive Committee of Sub Committee at any time.
Note: – In case no change in the name of the representative is intimated to the Chamber upto 31st July, then the representative already registered with the Chamber will continue to represent the members for the purpose of Articles 41.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
- (a) Every application for membership shall be made in the form I appendix “A” accompanied by the Admission fee, Subscribe Fee for the first year, proof of the exact location of the business premises, Photostat copy of the Computerized Identity Card of the representative appointed and NTN registration number or a Sales Tax Registration Number and proof of filing of return of income or statement U/S 143 B under the Income Tax Ordinance, 1979 for the last proceeding assessment year as and when applicant is borne on the income tax register be presented to the Secretary General of the Chamber, who will on receipt of the same, place such application before the Executive Committee and after acceptance by the Committee, the applicant/applicants shall be duly informed, and their names entered on the membership register, on payment of an admission fee of Rs. 50/- together with the annual subscription of the class of membership to which they are to be admitted which shall thereupon consider such application and accept or reject the same, in case of acceptance the date of the submission of the application will be considered as the date of enrollment as member of the Chamber for all purposes. Any applications which shall be deemed to be rejected with reason assigned there to the Secretary General shall thereupon communicate the decision of the Committee to the applicant and in case the application is rejected the Secretary General shall also refund the money paid with the application.
(b) Application for enrolment as a Trade Group/Town Association shall be forwarded to the Chamber through the Trade Group/Town Association duly certified that the applicant is borne of the membership of such group/Association.
(c) If an enrolled Member of any Class of membership is removed form the register of membership of the Chamber by or under any authority then such removed members shall not be entitled to claim back the refund of the admission and subscription fee already paid to the Chamber.
- (a) Every member of the Chamber shall be entitled to receive free of cost a Certificate of Membership signed by the President or the Vice President and countersigned by the Secretary General. Every Certificate shall bear a distinctive number and shall be in such form as the President may prescribe and bear the seal of the Chamber.
(b) If any Certificate is worn out, damaged or lost, it may be renewed or replaced by the Committee on such terms as the Committee may prescribe.
(c) The Certificate shall be the property of the Chamber and it shall have to be returned by the member to the office of the Chamber on the termination of his membership.
withdrawl from Chamber
- Any member may withdraw from the Chamber by giving two months notice in writing to the Secretary General and on the expiry of the notice such member shall cease to be a member.
Termination of member
- A member shall cease to be member.
- When he fails to pay the subscription or any other dues to Chamber within one month after the due date of payment.
- On receipt of a complaint from a member that a member has acted in such a way that it is detrimental to the interests and cause of the Chamber, the Executive Committee will elect a sub-Committee to make an enquiry about the allegations, and if it is proved correct will expel the member from membership but if it is found incorrect action shall be taken against the reporter. No complaint will be entertained from non-members.
- Provided always that a member whose name has been removed shall have the right to appeal to the Director General and his decision in this regard shall be final.
ARREARS SUBSCRIPTION AND FORFEITURE
OF THE DEFAULTER MEMBERS
- (a) Annual subscription in any month of finance year shall be counted from the year commencing from 1st April, which is the official year of the Chamber.
(b) Only such members as have completed one year on the rolls of the Chamber shall be entitled to vote or stand for election or nominate a candidate for election or send representation to participate in the election.
(c) A member shall cease to be a member if he fails to pay his annual membership subscription up to 31st March in each financial year of the Chamber in spite of two written reminders having been issued to him by the Secretary General at his registered address or through information conveyed to member through advertisement in one of the local Urdu newspapers.
LIABILITY TO PAY DUES AFTER
CEASING TO BE A MEMBER
- Any how by any means, ceases to be a member shall nevertheless remain liable for and shall pay to the Chamber all moneys which at the time of such cessation of membership may be due from such member to the Chamber.
CESSATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- Any member of members shall cease to be members of the Chamber:-
a) On his or their being adjudicated insolvent or in the case or the company or corporation when winding up orders have been passed with regards to such company or corporation or when it has gone into voluntary winding up except for the purpose of reconstitution.
b) Any member may withdraw from the Chamber by giving two months notice in writing to the Secretary General and on the expiry of the notice such member shall cease to be a member.
c) In the case of a firm joint stock company or other corporation upon any change being made on the name of the company or corporation.
d) On receipt of a complaint from a member that a member has acted in such a way that it is detrimental to the interest and cause of the Chamber, the Executive Committee will elect a Sub Committee to make an inquiry about the complaint/allegations, and if it is proved correct will expel the member from membership but if it is found incorrect action shall be taken against the reporter. No complaint will be entertained from non-members.
e) In the case of an individual when he has been proved to be of unsound mind of has been punished with imprisonment or three months for an offence involving moral turpitude.
f) If, a Members fails to remit the subscription or any other dues to the Chamber within one month after the due date of payment.
g) On the termination of membership under article 20.
Cessation of representation
- When an individual firm company or corporation has ceased to be a member of the Chamber such individuals or representative of such company or corporation shall automatically ease to be a member of the Executive Committee, If he was so-elected and also cease to serve as representative of the Chamber or any public bodies.
PRIVILEGES OF MEMBER
- (1) Subject to the restriction contain tin the provision of the Articles Generally or any byelaws framed hereunder, any member (other than delegation Member) shall among others have following rights and privileges.
a)To obtain a copy of the annual report and accounts.
b) To obtain all other publication of the Chamber either free of coast or at such reduced rule as the Executive Committee may from time to time decide.
c) To have the free use of the library of the Chamber.
d) To be present and discus and vote any General Meeting of any question refereed to the General body of members by circular or otherwise.
e) To nominate other qualified members of election or to be elected to the Executive Committee or other Committee of Committee to join any deputation on behalf of the Chamber of is elected to any office of the Chamber.
f) To stand for election as representation of the Chamber to may public or private bodies.
g) To seek the help of the Chamber in obtaining satisfied or other information for the protection advancement of business and to receive such particular as may be available to Chamber in regards to Trade inquires or information regards to Trade inquires or information regarding Government or other measure effecting the Trade.
h) To apply for the assistance to the Chamber for securing to him all reasonable facilities for that carrying of the business and for the redress of all resonated grievances.
i) To see the Minutes Book of the Executive Committee meeting for which he shall have to give notice of 25 hours to the Secretary General and seek permission or he shall have obtain the permission of the President in writing.
(2) The member belongs to Corporate Class/Associate Class and the member of Trade Group/Town Association shall be entitled to the privileges listed at (b) (g) and (h) such other privileges to the restriction laid down in clause (1) as may be decided by Executive Committee from time to time, provided that such member shall not be entitled to vote a General Meeting or Special General Meeting, but shall have the right to participate in the election of the Committee in the manner prescribed in these Articles.
Right of Members
- (i) Corporate Members and Associate Members shall have equal rights of service and advice of the Chamber.
(ii) The Town Association and Groups shall be treated as single entities each for the purposes of service and advice of the Chamber, but they shall receive five copies of the Chamber’s Circular, Publication etc.
(iii) For the purpose of certification of the documents of the members of Town Association and Groups the rate of the fee charged from them shall not be more than 10% higher than the rates fixed for the Corporate and Associate members.
(iv) For the purpose of certification of the status of the member of the Town Association and Trade Groups the Chamber shall make it clear that they are the member of the Town Association/Trade Groups affiliated to the Chamber & not the members of the Chamber direct or themselves.
(v) Each Town Association and Group shall have the right to send one representative from its own members participate in and vote at General Meeting.
- The Executive Committee may invite any person being a Government Official connected with Trade, Commerce or Industry or person distinguished in public service at meeting or members of the Executive Committee of other Chamber as they may think it from time to time.
- The Executive Committee may in its discretion select any person or persons from the public as patrons or advisors of the Chamber by or without taking any subscription or donation and such person shall be entitled to all the privileges of patron or advisor as the case may be except right to vote.
- The administration/management of the affairs of the Chamber shall be vested in a body called the Executive Committee herein referred to as the Committee.
COMPOSITION OF THE
- The Chamber shall have representative of various classes of members in its Executive Committee as follow: –
Women Entrepreneurs 2 (Reserved Seats)
Town Association One/Affiliated Town Association
(1) There shall not be more than one representative on the Executive Committee from each Town Association or Trade Group. However if the number of Town Association or Trade Groups in the area covered by the Chamber is less than three each their representation and the total number of seats of the Executive Committee shall stand reduced proportionality.
(2) If any seat reserved for any of the stipulated categories remains vacant, it shall not be filled with the members from other category; furthermore any seats remaining vacant shall not be counted towards determination of quorum.
(3) If the Associate members are twice in number as compared to Corporate Members of General body, there shall be rotation of office of Presidents between the Associate and Corporate Members.
(4) Where there is rotation of office of President under clause 3 the President and Vice President shall not be from the same class of members.
(5) The President and vice President in addition to functions and responsibilities assigned to them in Memorandum and article of Association of the respective Trade Organization shall be ex-office members of the Executive Committee.
(6) For every fifty members eligible to vote, in each class of members there shall be one seat in the Executive Committee in the respective class, provided that there shall be maximum of thirty seats and at least there shall be 50% representation of Corporate Members on the Executive Committee.
office bearers and their
terms of office
- (1) The Chamber shall have President and Vice President who shall be elected from within the total strength of the Committee.
(2) Each class of members shall be entitled to elect only such members of representative as is fixed for it on the Executive Committee.
(3) The election of the Executive Committee shall be held by secret ballot and their final result shall be officially announced at the Annual General Meeting of the Chamber called for this purpose within fifteen days of the date of polling for Executive Committee, but before or on 30th September.
(4) A member shall be eligible to serve as President of the Chamber for the term of one year only. The President will be elected every year.
(a) On the expiry of the fixed tenure period, the President will automatically cease to be the President and shall hand over the charge of his office to the newly elected President or to the Executive Committee of the Chamber if the elections have not been held.
(b) The President, Vice President and Executive Committee shall hold the office for a term of one year commencing with effect from the 1st day of October each year.
(c) The Vice President shall be deemed to have been automatically retired from their respective offices on completion of their annual term of office.
(d) No member of Executive Committee of a Chamber shall hold office for more than two consecutive terms.
(e) One third of the representative belonging to each class of members shall retire every year and shall be those who have completed their consecutive terms of office on the Executive Committee, Provided that those to retire on completion of the first and second yearly terms immediately after the commencement of the Chamber or on accounts of the reconstitution of the Executive Committee dissolved by competent Authority in view of the occurrence of illegalities etc shall be determined as follows.
(f) On completion of the first term. The name of the one-third representative from different classes of members to retire shall be drawn by ballot by the Executive Committee.
(g) On completion of the second term. The name of one half representatives from different classes of members to retire shall be drawn by ballot by the Executive Committee from out of the two third representatives continued in office on complete of the first term.
Note: – In the event of the reconstitution of the Executive Committee dissolved due to Committee of illegalities etc. the previous members of the dissolved Executive Committee, if any, when re-elected shall be entitled only to avail the remaining period of their tenure as admissible under these Articles.
(5) Each class of member to vote shall elect the number of representative required to fill the vacancies caused by retirement of their representative except that at the time of first elections to be held after the introduction of this rule they shall elect total number of representatives fixed for theme under these Article.
(6) The representative elected under clause (iv) together with those continuing on the Executive Committee under clause (iii) shall then elect form their own number one President and two Vice President of the Chamber, the remaining representatives being called members of the Executive Committee of the Chamber provided that on the occasion of the first election, the President and the vice President shall be elected on the Executive Committee under this rule.
(7) On retirement from the Executive Committee, the retiring representative shall not be eligible to stand for election to the executive Committee for the next two annual terms provided that.
- If the number of member in any particular class eligible to stand for elected is less the numbers of representative of that class to be elected, the member(s) of that class shall be entitled to put up candidates(s) other than his / their retiring representative(s) to stand for election before the expiry of the two terms specified in clause (vi) above.
- If a retiring representative has interest in more than one firm or concern, this other than one as whose representative he held office on the Committee shall be eligible to contest the elation through a candidate other than the retiring representative.
- No firm of concern shall be entitled to be representative at the time of election through a person other than on who is a Proprietor, Partner, Director a Chief Executive, and any person not bellow the rank of General Manager authorized by the Board of such company, firm or any concern.
- No Town Association or Group shall be entitled to be representative at the elections except through the Delegate Members on its own membership register.
(8) The office Bearers who have held offices in the Chamber before the first election are held under this rule shall be eligible to stand for election under it expect those who have held offices on the Executive Committee for a total period of three terms since the formation of the Chamber.
(9) Occurrence of any vacancies of Office Bearer on any account shall not interface in the transaction of business of the Chamber by the remaining Office Bearer.
power and function of the
- Without prejudice to the powers conferred by articles hereof, the Committee shall have powers:-
(i) To make, vary and repeal rules, for the regulation of the business of the Chamber, of the office bearers, of servants or the members of the Chamber or of any department or section of the Chamber.
(ii) To appoint any departmental Committee, Standing Committee or sub-Committee of the members of the Committee of the Chamber. Such departmental Committee, Standing Committee or sub-Committee may be permanent or temporary as the Committee may determine.
(iii) To delegate subject to such condition as they think fit, any of their powers to departmental Committee, Standing Committee or sub-Committee and to make, vary and repeal rules for the regulations of the proceedings of the departmental Committee, Standing Committee or sub-Committee.
(iv) To enter into arrangements upon such terms and subject to such condition as the Committee may deem proper, working in connection with any Chamber, organized for the protection or better development of any branch of Trade, commerce or manufacture or with the like objects, provided that the objects of the said Chamber are not inconsistent with the objects as defined in the Memorandum of Association.
(v) To enter into any arrangement with Government or any public authority municipal local otherwise that may seen conducive to the chamber’s objects or any them and to obtain from the government or such authority all rights concession and privileges which the chamber may think desirable to obtain and carry our exercise or company and such arrangement, rights privileges and concessions.
(vi) To appoint staff considered necessary to run the business of the Chamber efficiently and to frame proper service rules governing the selection, appointment, promotion, pay, leave provident fund overtime traveling and other allowances, remuneration’s privileges and disciplinary control and from time to time removal or dismissal of servants in the employment of the Chamber as the Committee will think fit.
(vii) To deal with the moveable and immovable properties of the Chamber and to borrow money on the security of such properties by the issue of debentures mortgages or otherwise.
(viii) To nominate member to represent the Chamber in public or other bodies conference, institutions and associations.
(ix) All elected office bearers shall be ex-officio members of the Committee and will have right to vote.
(x) Subject to directions of Government issued from time to time the Executive Committee shall have full powers to enroll members or expel them from the membership register of the Chamber.
Executive Committee meeting
- (a) The Executive Committee shall meet at such date and time as the President may fix provided however that on receipt of a written request from seven members of the Executive Committee the President will call a meeting of the Committee.
(b) The Committee at its meeting will discuss the business as placed before the house and records of their proceedings shall be open to the inspection of the Committee members subject to such regulation as the Committee may from time to time deem expedient to make.
(c) A yearly report of the working of the Chamber shall be prepared and circulated for the information of the members of the Chamber at least 21 days previous to the Annual General Meeting. Such report shall be submitted to the Annual General Meeting for adoption.
(d) The management of the business of the Chamber shall vest in the Executive Committee. In addition to the powers by these articles expressly conferred upon them, the Committee shall be entitled to exercise all such powers and do all such acts and things as may be exercised or done by the Chamber including the carrying out of the objects of the Chamber as set forth in the Memorandum of the Association.
(e) No resolution duly passed at a meeting of the Executive Committee shall be amended, altered or rescinded at a subsequent meeting of the Executive Committee held within 12 months of the said resolution was passed unless 2/3rd of the total number of the members of the Committee vote for a change and the agenda contained the date on which proposal was duly circulated.
(f) If a member of the Executive Committee absents himself continuously for three meetings without taking leave, his name will be removed from the membership of the Executive Committee and the President, in consultation with other office bearers will nominate another member to take his place provided that if a member of the Committee has proceeded on leave of absence, the temporary vacancy so caused shall remain unfilled.
Quorum for executive
- One fourth members of the Committee shall form a quorum for the transaction of the business. If the Committee is adjourned for want of quorum, the members already present shall decide next date and time for holding the meeting for which quorum will not be necessary
Presiding over meeting
- The President in his absence the Vice President shall preside over all the meeting if neither the President nor the Vice President is present at the time the meeting is held the members present shall choose someone from amongst themselves to preside over such meeting.
MANAGEMENT OF THE FUNDS AND
ASSETS OF THE CHAMBER AND
GENERAL POWER OF THE
- The management of the funds and assets of the Chamber shall be vested in the Executive Committee, the Executive Committee may in addition to the power by these Articles expressly conferred upon them exercise all such powers and do all such acts and things as may exercised and done by the Chamber and are not hereby or under any bylaws expressly directed or required to be exercise or done by the Chamber in the General Meeting.
- Accounting year of the Chamber of Commerce & Industry will be closed on 30th June each year. The Auditors shall audit the accounts of the Chamber and of all funds connected with or controlled by the Chamber. Its financial statements shall be audited by a charted accountant.
- An annual report of the proceeding the Committee shall be prepared and circulated fro information of the members of the Chambers at least a week before the Annual General meeting. Such report must contain a statement of audited accounts for the year and shall be submitted to the Annual General meeting for confirmation and shall be confirmed or otherwise dealt with or disposed off the General Meeting may determine
- The General Body of the Chamber shall comprise Corporate Members, Associate Members, Trade Group/ Town Association member provided that each Trade Group/Town Association shall be represented in the Chamber by one representative.
Register of Members
- A register of members shall be maintained and kept in the office of the Chamber in which shall be set-fourth the name and address of all the members, Trade Group and Town Association members together with the name and address of their representative. All information relating to member shall be entered in the register as the Committee may from time to time decide and as may be required by the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (No. XL VII of 1984).
Election of the executive Committee
- (1) Election of the Chamber shall be held though secret ballot. The election shall be controlled, supervised and conducted by appointing a returning officer, two scrutinizers and polling officer, they shall be neither from the office bearer nor candidates in the election and once appointed, they will continue till the completion of the election in the event of registration or death or the scrutinizers, the vacancies thus falling. Vacant shall be filled in by the Committee. In the case any difference arises between the scrutinizer, the matter shall be referred to the Committee whose decision shall be final, provided it is approved and decided by two-third of the total number of the Committee. The Committee in office for the time being shall also before the 31st July each year drawn up and election programmer of the officer bearers for eth holding of the Annual election of the Chamber in accordance with these articles.
(2) The membership of a Chamber shall be for one year renewable on furnishing proof of filling of a return of income or statement U/S 143B under the income tax ordinance 1979, for the latest preceding assessment year by the member, whereto individual firm or company. However the companies/ concern established after 30.06.1994 shall be exempt from the aforementioned requirement for the first renewal but such renewal would not grant the voting right. The member of Chamber who is exempt from payment of income tax or if their income falls below the taxable limit will be allowed to produce exemption certificate or copy of tax coupons etc. in lieu of filling of return of income or statement U/S 143B of income tax ordinance.
(3) The General body of the Chamber shall serve as Electoral College for election of the Executive Committee, except for the seats reserved for women entrepreneurs, President and Vice President for which the Electoral College shall be Executive Committee
(4) Casual vacancies of members shall be filled by cooption by the Executive Committee from amongst the class of members to which the outgoing member belonged. Those of the President, Vice President shall be filled by the Committee by election from amongst its existing members and the resultant vacancy of the member(s) shall be filled by cooption. Provided that no such vacancy shall be filled during the first ninety days as well as 270 days after the holding of the Annual election.
Explanation: The term “casual vacancy” shall include all vacancies occurring, for any reason, after the announcement of the results of the annual elections.
(5) The President & Vice President of a Chamber shall be eligible to seek re-election for the office of President after minimum gap of one year.
(6) If a member of Executive Committee holds an office for two consecutive terms he shall not be eligible to stand for election or cooption of the Committee in any representative capacity for the next one year.
(a) If a retiring representative has interest in more than one firm or concern, his firm other than one as whose representative he had office on the Committee shall be eligible to contest the election through a candidate other than the retiring representative.
(7) The Proprietor, Partner or Director of the firm or company, concern or a person not below the rank of General Manager authorized by the Board of Directors of a Public Limited or a multinational company shall be entitled to cast his vote at the time of election only if his name has already been registered with Secretary General of the Chamber and his name appears on the final list of voters. However, in the case of associated bodies, Associations of persons a society, or a trust etc. the member may be represented by an authorized person who is a member of his governing body.
(8) (a) The Executive Committee holding office for the time being fix a date between the 1st July and 30th September each year and in any case not later than fifteen months from the date of the last Annual General Meeting, for the election of the required number of members of the Executive Committee for the ensuing year and shall cause notice of the date so fixed to be issued to all the members of the Chamber. The schedule of election shall be issued in the first half of July. The date for the Annual General Meeting shall be fixed and notified at least 21 days in advance.
(b) With in two days of approval of election schedule by the Executive Committee, the election schedule shall be;
i: Displayed at the notice board of the Head Office and Regional Office of the Trade Organization.
ii: Displayed at the website of the Organization.
iii: Submitted to the Director General.
(9) (a) The Secretary General of the Chamber within seven days of the issuance of the election schedule shall display a list of all members eligible to vote along with their National Tax Number, Sales Tax Registration Number if applicable, name and the National Identity Card number of their representative. The list shall be displayed at;
i: The notice board of the head office and regional offices of the Trade Organization; and
ii: The website of the Trade Organization.
(b) The changes, if any, regarding name of representative appearing in the list of voters shall be sent to the Secretary General of the Chamber along with necessary proof of eligibility within three days of the announcement of election schedule.
(c) The members who have any objection to the entries/changes in the list of voters shall send their objections in writing to the Secretary General within seven days of the issuance of the said list.
(d) The Secretary General will intimate action on the objections or changes sent by members within five days from the last day under preceding clause.
(e) In case of any dispute pertaining to the eligibility of a member, the matter may be referred to the election commission by any person aggrieved by the decision of the Secretary General of the Chamber within three days and the decision shall also be made on that matter within three days.
(f) Within three days of the decision by the commission, any person aggrieved by the decision of the commission may appeal to the Director General whose decision in this regards shall be final.
(g) Within two days of the decision of the Director-General the final voters list shall be
i: Displayed at the notice board of the head office a regional office of the Trade Organization.
ii: Displayed at the website of the Trade Organization; and
iii: Submitted to the Director General Provided that no appeal has been filed to the Director General, the final voters’ list shall be displayed within fifteen days of the decision of the election commission under rule x (e) above.
(10) The Secretary General shall supply to all members nomination papers together with the final list of voters at least 30 clear days before the day fixed for the closing of the ballot. The date for the ballot shall be fixed at least 10 days before the date fixed for the Annual General Meeting.
(11) Nomination Papers:
(a) Within four days of the issuance of the final list of voters, any person who is eligible to contest the election for the vacant post shall send his nomination duly proposed, seconded and signed by the candidate to the Secretary General on the prescribed form in accordance with Articles of Association and Rules of the Chamber.
(b) Within twenty four hours of receipt of nomination papers, a copy of the final voters list shall be provided to each contesting candidate.
(c) The nomination papers shall be scrutinized by the commission and the list of candidates shall be displayed within twenty four hours of the last date of receipt of nomination papers.
(d) The objections, if any, to the nomination of candidates can be filed to the election commission within twenty four hours of the issuance of list of candidates, which shall be decided by the election commission within two days.
(e) Any candidate aggrieved by the decision of the election commission may file an appeal to the Director General within two days, whose decision in this regard shall be final.
(f) Within two days of the decision of the Director- General the commission shall issue a final list of candidates:
Provided that no appeal has been filed to the Director- General, the final list of candidates shall be issued within eleven days of the decision of the lection commission under sub rule xii (d).
(g) Within five days of display of final list of candidates, the polling shall be held.
(12) A candidate who desires to stand for election on the Executive Committee must be proposed by one member and seconded by another belonging to his own class.
(13) The Executive Committee shall approve the election schedule and simultaneously appoint an election commission subject to the following conditions;
a: The commission shall comprise three members;
b: The members so appointed have submitted their consent in writing to their appointment as such.
c: The members of the commission, so appointed, have not held any office of the Association for two years.
d: The member of the commission shall not be entitled to cast vote or become candidate in the election are conducting;
e: The members of the commission shall independent, impartial and non-partisan; and
f: The members of the commission shall not canvass for any of the candidates or panels contesting the elections they are conducting.
(14) The election commission shall be in charge of all arrangements connected with the conduct of elections including but not limited to:
a: Appointment of polling staff
b: ensuring the display of tentative voters list by Secretary General for the purpose of inviting objection as proposed
c: The examination of and decisions of voters list
d: Supervision of polling process and ensuring that polling has been conducted in an orderly, peaceful and transparent manner in accordance with Memorandum of article and Association and instruction of federal government or Director General in his regard
e: Counting of votes and announcement of results.
(15) The commission shall consist of one returning officer and two members (not seeking elections) of the Chamber for the purpose of scrutinizing the nomination papers and conducting election of the Chamber.
(16) The scrutiny of the nomination papers shall take place on the 11th day of the date on which nomination papers were issued by the Secretary General. The Panel of Scrutinizers shall notify to each member of the Chamber the names of all the candidates of the class to which the member belongs whose nomination papers have been accepted.
(17) No member shall vote for more than the number of vacancies available for his class of membership on the Committee.
(18) (a) Ballot Paper: The ballot papers shall have duly numbered counterfoils and the voters shall sign or affix thumb impression there in the presence of the polling agents of the candidate and the returning officer before the issuance of ballot papers to him/her.
(b) The names of candidate (s) of the class of membership to which the voter belongs shall be arranged in alphabetical order and the number of votes that the voter concerned shall be entitled to cast, shall be clearly indicated in the voting paper. The voter shall mark with the sign (X), the names of the candidate (s) in whose favour he intends to cast his vote.
(c) It shall be the duty of the polling officer to see the original identity card issued by the Chamber, National Identity Card or Passport or any other mode of identification of the voter and write the number thereof on the counterfoil.
(d) After comparing the signatures and photographs with the specimen signature card, the polling officer shall hand over the ballot paper to the voter.
(e) The ballot paper shall be signed by the Secretary General or an officer of the Chamber duly authorized by the Secretary General in this behalf and shall also be signed by the polling officer at the time when it is issued.
(f) The voter shall not be allowed to leave the booth after his ballot paper has been handed over to him until and unless he or she has dropped his/her ballot paper in the box placed before the returning officer/polling officer and polling agents of the candidate.
(g) If the voter has cast more votes than the number he is entitled to cast, only those candidate(s) bearing the sign (X) from the top of the voting paper shall be deemed to have received valid vote, whose number is equal to the number of votes he is entitled to cast.
(h) Adequate arrangements shall be made to maintain the secrecy of the ballot.
(i) Proper account shall be maintained by a designated officer in respect of ballot papers including used, unused, tendered, challenged or stray ballot papers.
(j) The challenged votes shall be kept in a separately sealed envelope duly signed and sealed by the polling officer.
(k) The commission or an officer designated by the commission shall decide about the challenged votes after verification of necessary information from the member firm, company or concern before the official announcement of the results.
(l) No ballot paper shall be invalid for failure to have cast all votes on all seats contested in for the said election.
(19) The Committee shall provide separate ballot boxes for different classes of members at the office of the Chamber duly locked and sealed after inspection, in which ballot papers shall be deposited by the members on the day fixed for the polling of the ballot. The polling hours shall be from 8.00 A.M. to 3.30 P.M. The ballot boxes shall be opened on the same day at 3.30 P.M.
(20) Counting of votes: Counting of votes shall take place immediately after the polling hours under the supervision of polling officer in the presence of polling agents of the candidates, if any, at the designated sites.
(21) Provisional Results: Provisional results may be declared by the Returning Officer immediately after the counting of votes is completed.
(22) Inspection of record of election: The record of election shall be open to inspection upon an application made in this behalf within 7 days of the date of polling and approved by the Director General.
(23) a: The announcement of the election results shall be made in the General meeting of the Chamber called for this purpose within fifteen days of the announcement of the provisional results but in no case later than 30th day of September.
b: The final election result can announced in General meeting shall be:
i: Displayed at the notice board of the head office and regional office of the Trade Organization within two days;
ii: Displayed at the website of the Trade Organization within two days; and
iii: submitted to the Director-General within 7 days.
(24) The names of the office bearers of the Executive Committee for the ensuing year shall be announced at the Annual General Meeting of the Chamber. The office bearers for the preceding years shall retire, and the newly elected ones shall take over their respective offices, at the Annual General Meeting.
(25) Accidental error or omission to send any notice, nomination papers, etc., to any member shall not invalidate the ballot or election.
(26) The candidates who receive the largest number of votes shall be deemed to have been elected.
(27) Equality of Votes: In the event of the equality of votes between two or more candidates, a lot shall be drawn by the polling officer in the presence of candidates or their authorized representatives/ polling agents of such candidates and record of the result thereof shall be made.
(28) Two representatives of any one member shall not be elected on the Committee at the same time.
(29) Every member of the Chamber shall be entitled to one vote only, provided that at the time of election he shall be entitled to use his vote in favour of as many candidates as there may be vacancies for his class of members.
(30) (a) A member shall be eligible to vote in election of the Chamber after completion of two year of membership as on the date of announcement of the election schedule provided further such a member fulfills the conditions stipulated for the renewal of membership and the change of clause of membership, if any, has been notified by the Secretary General with the approval of the Executive Committee at least 3 months prior to the announcement of election schedule.
(b) Every member eligible to vote shall deposit with the Secretary General of the Chamber, the specimen signature card along with his/her photograph indicating his/her status in the firm, company or concern. The right to vote shall be allowed only to the Proprietor, Partner or a person not below the rank of General Manager authorized by the Board of Directors of a public limited company or a multinational company or the Director of the firm or company, as the case may be.
(31) No member whose representatives have been elected on the Executive Committee shall have the right to withdraw him from the Committee during the concurrency of his term provided that such a representative shall have the right to resign from the Committee, at any time.
(32) Neither postal ballot nor proxy will be allowed.
(33) Having completed the counting and compilation of results, the record pertaining to the election shall be sealed and signed by the commission or an officer of commission designated by the commission and the Secretary General.
(34) The Executive Committee shall elect the members for seats reserved for women entrepreneurs.
(35) Every Town Association affiliated with the Chamber shall nominate a person to represent them on the Executive Committee.
(36) The President and Vice President, who shall be elected from within the total strength of the Executive Committee and shall belong to different classes of membership each
- (1) General Meeting shall be held in accordance with the provision of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (No. XL, VII, 1984) every year at such place as the Committee may consider convenient for the dispatch of business at which report of the proceedings of Committee and the yearly account shall be submitted for confirmation. Such meetings shall be called Annual General Meeting. The Annual General Meeting shall transact the following business:-
(i) Announce the names of the office bearers (including members) elected on the Executive Committee for the ensuing year.
(ii) Confirm the minutes of the last General Meeting.
(iii) Receive and adopt the Annual Report of the Chamber.
(iv) Receive and confirm the duly audited accounts of the Chamber.
(v) Appoint auditor or auditors for the ensuing year and fix his/their remunerations.
(vi) Transact such other business, notice of which may have been given to the Secretary General of the Chamber seven clear days before the date of the Annual General Meeting or such other business as may with the permission of the chair be placed before the meeting.
Special General meeting
(2) The Committee may however, whenever they think fit convene other General Meetings either for the purpose of transacting any special business or for placing before the members of the Chamber views of their activities in the preceding months.
Extra ordinary General meeting
(3) An extraordinary General Meeting shall be convened by the Committee upon the requisition of not less than 1/5th of the members of the Chamber. The requisition so made shall express the objects of the General Meeting proposed to be called and shall be presented to the Secretary General. Upon receipt of a requisition under this article, the Committee shall forthwith proceed to convene an extraordinary General meeting. In case the Committee after the delivery of such requisition fails to convene a General meeting to be held within one month of such delivery, the requisiteness may themselves convene a meeting to be held within two months after such delivery.
Notice of meeting
- (1) Notice of 21 clear days shall be given to the members for convening an annual meeting or extraordinary meeting in order to place before the members a review of the activity of the Committee or to consider any important matter on which the Committee may desire to consult them provided that a shorter notice may be given in the case of an emergent extraordinary General meeting.
(2) Proper notice for convening the meeting shall be issued to the members under Postal Certificate/Regd. Post/Courier Service. Non-receipt of notice of convening any General meeting by any member shall not invalidate the proceedings of any such meetings.
Quorum for General meeting
(3) One forth of the members on the rolls shall be the quorum for the annual and extra ordinary General meeting including proxies.
Other business of meetings
(4) Every question submitted to a General meeting shall be decided by a majority of the members present and voting at such a meeting provided that in the event of difference of opinion between the full members and the associate members, no ordinary resolution shall be deemed to have been adopted unless it has been carried by the majority of the votes of each class of the full members and the associate members present in person or by proxy and entitled to vote on such resolution.
(5) Every member shall have one vote, in case of a tie, the President or whoever shall be presiding at the meeting shall exercise the casting vote.
(6) If a member of the Executive Committee wishes to place a resolution before the Executive Committee, he shall submit the same 72 hours before the meeting takes place in writing to the Secretary General.
(7) Similarly questions which require consultation of office records should be sent in writing to the Secretary General 72 hours previous to the meeting to enable him to answer the same.
(8) For the General Meeting the procedure shall be the same as in clause (6) above, but instead of 72 hours, the prescribed time shall be seven days.
(9) Not with standing anything contained herein before, no special resolution, particularly concerning amendments to the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Chamber shall be deemed to have been carried unless it has received the votes of 3/4th majority of each class of the full members and the Associate Members present in person or by proxy and entitled to vote on such resolutions.
REQUISITION FOR MEETING
- (i) Any requisition made by members shall express the object of the meeting proposed to be called and shall be left at the registered office of the Chamber.
(ii) Upon the receipt of such requisition the Executive Committee shall forthwith proceed to convene the same within 21 days from the date of requisition, otherwise the requisitions may themselves convene a meeting, after expiry of the aforesaid 21 days.
PROCESSING AT GENERAL MEETING
- All business shall be deemed special that is transacted at special meeting and all that is transacted at an ordinary meeting with the exception of the consideration of the account and balance sheets and the annual reports of the Executive Committee shall be deemed ordinary.
ADJOURNMENT FOR WANT OF QUORUM
- If within half an hour of the time appointed for the meeting the quorum is not present the meeting, if convened upon requisition of members shall be dissolved and in other case it shall stand adjourned to the same day in the following week at same time and place, and if at such adjourned meeting the quorum is not present it shall proceed with the business despite the want of quorum.
POWERS OF PRESIDENT
- The President may with consent the members adjourn any meeting from time to time and form place to place but no business shall be transacted at any adjourned Meeting other that the business left unfinished at the meeting from which the adjournment took place.
- (a) Every question submitted to General meeting shall be decided by a majority of votes of the member present in person and entitled for vote on such resolution.
(b) Not with standing anything contained in clause (a) no special resolution particular concerning amendment to the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Chamber shall be deemed to have been carried out unless it has receive the votes of three forth majority of the members present in person and entitled to vote on such resolution.
- The members to Town Association and Group entitled to vote at the election shall have one vote each for the election of their receptive representative as laid down in these Articles provided that each voter shall be entitled to cast as many votes as the number of vacancies to be filled in by the class of membership to which he belongs provided further that in all cases of even voting I the Executive Committee or General Meeting who ever be presiding shall have a second or casting vote.
- (a) The President shall be the Executive Head of the Chamber and shall preside over all the meetings of the Executive Committee or all General Meetings or Special Meetings of the Chamber and control the business of such meetings and lead all deputation’s and shall take and lead on behalf of the Chamber any meeting or conference held in connection with any matter in which the Chamber may be interested and in General Meeting he may address the members on such subjects as he may deem prepare to bring to their notice.
(b) The President shall also perform many other duties, as may be incidental to the office of the President. He shall have authority to sanction expenditures upto the limit prescribed by the Executive Committee for the year. In the absence of the President, Vice President shall perform any or all of his duties. In the absence of the President and the Vice President, the members shall elect a Chairman from among themselves, provided that in all cases of even voting in the Committee or in General Meeting who ever be President shall have a second, or casting vote.
(c) The President shall be entrusted for proper and orderly conduct of Committee and will supervise all establishing and routine work of the Chamber.
- In the absence of the President, the Vice President shall have the power to perform the duties of the President.
- The Secretary General, who shall be regularly paid, whole time employee of the Chamber, shall, subject to the supervision, control and orders of the President perform the following duties.
(i) To carry on and have charge of all correspondence of the Chamber.
(ii) To have the charge of all papers and documents, furniture and all other properties, moveable and immoveable, belonging to the Chamber.
(iii) To issue/give notice of all meetings of the Chamber, it’s Executive Committee and various Committees.
(iv) To keep and maintain accurate minutes of all meetings of the Chamber, it’s Executive Committee and its various Committees, and to get the signature of the President or the Chairman of the Committee concerned there on.
(v) To prepare the Annual Report of the Chamber in consultation with the Executive Committee as well as reports of all Committees of the Chamber.
(vi) To circulate among office bearers of the Executive Committee the minutes of its meetings and proceedings of the various Committees and among members of Chamber Annual Report, notice and other information intended for circulation.
(vii) To circulate removal, expulsion, or resignation of any person, firm or company as a member of the Chamber.
(viii) To notify all members of the impending election.
(ix) To represent the Chamber for all purposes wherever occasion arises before court of justice in any suit or proceedings instituted by or against the Chamber provided that he shall not be competent to compromise any suit or proceedings without the sanction of the Committee.
(x) To delegate any or all his functions to any of his staff of the Chamber provided that he shall remain responsible to the Office Bearers for all acts done on his behalf by such staff.
(xi) To maintain administrative and disciplinary control over all staff of the Chamber in accordance with the rules and regulations framed in this behalf by the Executive Committee.
(xii) To collect all dues from the members of the Chamber and issue receipts thereof.
(xiii) To keep and maintain or cause to be kept and maintained accurate accounts of the Chamber and funds connected with or in any way controlled by it.
(xiv) To ensure all payments on behalf of the Chamber in conformity with the decisions of the Executive Committee and keep Imprest Account of Rs.5,000/- for expenses within the amount.
(xv) To countersign all cheques issued on behalf of the Chamber which shall be signed by the President and one member of the Executive Committee duly authorized in this behalf.
(xvi) To do and perform all acts and deeds that he may expressly be required to do by the Executive Committee and Generally such deeds as are incidental to his office.
(xvii) To jointly appoint any employees in collaboration with human resource Committee reporting to him directly.
(xviii) The termination of services of the Secretary General shall be through resolution of Executive Committee.
(xix) The appointment of Secretary General shall be through Human Resource Committee that shall have three members from Executive Committee.
- The Auditors shall audit the accounts of the Chamber and of all founds connected with or controlled by the Chamber.
ALTERATION IN RULES AND REGULATION
- (a) The foregoing rule and regulation shall be copied in a book to be kept in record of the Chamber. Printed copies of the same will be available to the members in accordance with the instruction of the Executive Committee. No alteration or addition shall be made there in or thereto except by the majority of three-fourth present at a General Meeting converted by the notice issued at least twenty one days early before the holding of such a meeting in which all the terms of the proposed amendments and additions shall have been set forth.
Provided that all amendment shall be subject to the approval of the Central Government and all also be made when required by the federal Government in public interest in accordance with the provisions of the Trade Organization Ordinance 2006.
(b) All rules, regulations or byelaws affecting the General Members or any amendments or cancellation thereof shall be framed by the Executive Committee and shall be submitted to a General Meeting for confirming within 270 days after the decision of the committee but shall all the same be effective until and otherwise decided in a general meeting. Amendments of the Memorandum and Articles of Association shall be subject to the approval of the Government and shall also be made when required by the Government in public interest.
- The funds of the Chamber shall be deposited with the Bank of Banks approved by the Executive Committee and all money of the Chamber as and when received by the Secretary General shall be paid into the Chamber’s account in the Bank.
- All Cheques on the account shall be signed by the President and the Secretary General and in the absence of the President the vice President and/or member of the Executive Committee duly authorized by the executive Committee and the Secretary General or the person acting as Secretary General accordingly.
- All notice may be served upon any member either personally or sending through the post in a pre-paid letter addressed to such member’s registered address or through publications in one of the local Urdu Newspaper.
SEAL OF CHAMBER
- (i) The Executive Committee provide a common seal for the Chamber the seal shall be deposited with the Secretary General and shall never be affixed to any document except with the prior authority of the Executive Committee or the President for the time being and least one other member of the Executive Committee shall sign every such instrument to which the seal is affixed and all such instruments shall be countersigned by the Secretary, provided that any instrument bearing the seal of the Chamber and issued for a valuable consideration shall nevertheless be binding on the Chamber notwithstanding any irregularity touching he authority of the Executive Committee to issue the same deed, bonds and other contacts under the seal made in behalf of the Association and signed by the President and Secretary General for the person acting as President and Secretary General and one member of the Executive Committee shall be deemed to have been duly exercised.
- The Chamber may form a Tribunal of Arbitration to decide such disputes and differences as may be referred to the Chamber.
- (a) Every President, vice President, Secretary General member of the Executive Committee and other officer or servant of the Chamber shall be indemnified by the Chamber against and it shall be the duty of the Executive Committee out of the funds of the Chamber to pay all costs, losses, penalties and expenses which any such officer or servant may incur of become liable for by reason or any contract entered into act or deed done or committed by him as such officer or servant acting in good faith or in any way in the discharge of his duties including traveling expanses and the amount for which such indemnity is provided shall immediately be a charge on the property of the Chamber and have priority as between the members over all other claims.
(b) No President, vice President, Secretary General, member of Executive Committee of other officer of the Chamber shall be liable of the act, receipt, neglects or defaults of any members of the Executive Committee or officer or for joining in any receipt or other act for conformity or for any loss or expense happening to the Chamber through the insufficiency or deficiency or title to any property acquired by order of the Executive Committee for or on behalf of the Chamber or for the insufficiency of any security in or upon which any of the money of the Chamber shall be invested or for any loss or damage or misfortune whatever which shall happen in the execution his own dishonesty or will full neglect.
INTERPRETATION OF ARTICLES
- Any dispute or difference of opinion is regard to the interpretation or scope of application of these Articles of Association which cannot be resolved by the Chamber itself shall be referred to the Director General of Trade Organizations under the Trade Organizations Ordinance 2006 and the ruling given by the Director General shall be binding on the Chamber, its office bearers and members.
- Notwithstanding the requirements under the companies ordinance 1984, the Chamber organization shall annually submit to the Director general.
a: Annual financial statements as approved by the Executive Committee and prepared by auditors.
b: Plan of activities for nest year as approved by the Executive Committee.
- The Chamber shall maintain a website at all times which shall include all relevant information such as: –
a: Up-to-date list of office bearers with contact details, Executive Committee members, management and members of General Body.
b: Memorandum and Articles of Association as well as bye-laws, if any.
c: Plan of activities and vision statement.
d: Schedule of Executive Committee meeting and minutes of such meetings.
e: Schedule of election, voters list and election results as mentioned in previous clauses.
Human Resources committee
- The Chamber shall form a Human Resource Committee consisting of three members of Executive Committee that shall deal with all human Resource related issues of the Chamber.
- The provision of the companies, ordnance NO XL, VII of 1984 amended from time to time regarding winding up to or dissolution of Association registered under section 42 of the Ordinance shall apply to the winding up or dissolution of the Chamber.